OUR HISTORY

He joined the UST Faculty of Civil Law in 1940 and served as a professor for the better part of forty-five years. He was later on named its Dean in 1979, holding the position until 1985. He also taught at the College of Law and the Law Center of the University of the Philippines. His knowledge of the legal profession was so revered that he was invited to teach overseas at the Instituto de Derecho Processal in Madrid, Spain.

He was appointed as an Associate Justice of the Supreme Court in April 1986 and acted as Chairman of its Second Division until his retirement in 1987.